Thread: Rust on M&P's.
View Single Post

Old 03-02-2012, 05:59 PM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDawg48 View Post
I don't want to bore anybody with the details but I am one of the lucky few that did have to send their M&P back due to rust, twice! But I will say that they took care of me both times and the last time it came back the slide's finish did look different from the first two. It was surface rust from where the gun was contacting the plastic of the holsters I was using. First holster was, ironically enough, a Glock Sport/Combat holster and the 2nd was a home-made Raven Phantom knock-off. Both wore the finish off the slide at an alarming rate and rusted within hours of wearing it.

After getting the gun back for the last time I finally got my real Raven Phantom and the next thing you know all things are cured. What the initial problem was is hard to say. My M&P9 was the 4.25" Pro with night sites so it's possible that it just hit a bad batch.

I will say that I genuinely love the M&P pistols; I own 2 now and they have completely replaced my Glocks and for those that know me, that is a huge endorsement. I did a 2-day pistol course, Combat Focus Shooting developed by Rob Pincus, and brought the M&P9 to use. It did 1100+ rounds in 2 days with only the initial 7-point lube at the beginning of the first day. Ran like a top; only 2 failure to extract and they both turned out to be some pretty ****** range pick-up brass reloads that I didn't catch while reloading them. M&P9 is now up to over 2,000 rounds in a year and my M&P45 is my daily carry and IDPA gun, too. Simply love the M&P
Hey glad to see you hear Dusty Dog.
The Following User Likes This Post: