View Single Post

Old 03-03-2012, 08:36 PM

Liked 109 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter123 View Post
Really, just how many 460 Magnums do you think they sell in a year, I suspect that it's well under 1000. Means that if they save 3 cents per gun by using inferior materials it'll add up to a huge 30 dollars at years end.

Personally I suspect that the ammo choice may play a role in this erosion. While I don't own a 460 Magnum I suspect that a 200 gn. bullet is is rather light for this caliber. As a result what we are seeing may be a product of flame cutting. Sum it up and with a 300 gn. bullet we may not see these results.

Good news is the warranty will cover the damage and S&W will return it with a new barrel installed. Points up that it's a good idea to give your gun a good looking over any time you clean it so you can see something like this developing before it causes any real damage or injury.
I did not mean S&W is cheaping out on the 460 but on all their guns which adds up to way more than $30. Less quality control and cheaper materials all add up and it doesn't take long reading posts here on this forum to see how many unhappy S&W gun owners are on here with new guns. They just aren't making them like the old days.

And even if warranty does fix it which they will nobody wants to be sending their gun in every 300rds.