View Single Post

Old 03-04-2012, 10:44 AM

Liked 877 Times in 447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by team sidewinder View Post
Less quality control and cheaper materials all add up and it doesn't take long reading posts here on this forum to see how many unhappy S&W gun owners are on here with new guns. They just aren't making them like the old days.
I've said it before on this forum, shooters/writers with what I suspect have far more experience than the vast majority of shooters here and who have industry ties, say the exact opposite of what you do. Today's materials are far better than in the past, there's just less hand fitting.

We should be eternally grateful that many things aren't made like the "old days". Gosh how we should miss 1965 Mustangs with wheezing, in line sixes, 16 mpg, horrible emissions, lousy brakes, ****** point style ignition and reliability and on and on. Today, we have turbocharged 4 cylinders that can kick tail on old style 400 cu in V-8s. Yes, let's give that all up!!!

The 460 is a very intense, high pressure cartridge and the materials of "old days" wouldn't even begin to withstand the abuse it hands out. I seriously doubt that cracks such as those the OP's gun have are at all common.

For everyone who is pleased with his/her new modern revolver, there seems to be far more who want to shout to the internet world about how dissatisfied they are for the most minor issues. Don