View Single Post

Old 03-04-2012, 07:47 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 1,971 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alk8944 View Post
Goony,Obviously this is going downhill really quickly, unfortunately.

Back to Batuni. I would say that this is the correct interpretation of the "U", as the tops of the "legs" are even with the tops of the adjacent letters, and even with each other, unlike what would be the case if this was really a broken "O" letter stamp. I had already considered that possibility.

Notwithstanding slight tipping and slightly unequal size of characters, none-the-less, whoever applied them was quite a careful workman to get such long lines so even as they are!
As I had said, the previously posted photo is deceiving in this regard. Here's another in which it's more obvious that the character is a unevenly struck "O" but an "O" nonetheless (I had to get the lighting just right to clearly show this).

I think your Batuni theory still has some merit, and that nothing better has yet been put forward in this thread, even if the "evidence" is a bit compromised now.

As for the thread going downhill, as you put it, I'm okay with folks poking a little fun at this gun, for my original intent was to tantalize and amuse as much as anything else. I do wish, though, that some of the "experts" here would weigh in on the issue of the stock medallions I raised a few posts back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UorO.jpg (59.4 KB, 138 views)
SWCA #590
"Colligo ergo sum"
The Following User Likes This Post: