View Single Post

Old 03-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Banned

Liked 1,451 Times in 555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
Actually there are many walking among us and several on this board that has not learned that you cannot outdraw a drawn gun.

I only have one documented incident where that happened but have several where the person was too slow on the draw. Yet many are intent on being able to draw once confronted and walk around carrying 50+ extra rounds and two additional guns waiting for someone to place them in life threatning situations. I am amazed at those that offer the additional magazine required arguement, "if my mag breaks, then I need another." Yes, they do but when are they going to get a chance to change it out? An armed perp is not going to allow them to draw a gun, change a mag or reload. If they have such time, then there is not a deadly force threat.

I firmly support both open and concealed carry but there are things to consider before doing so. We have people carrying but very seldom needs what they carry and I support their right to do so and I carry 100% of the time, either working or off. ABC is not a supporter of the 2nd Amendment but they fully support the 1st. In the segment at hand, ABC brings out factual scenes that may effect the avg person.
These silly, unrealistic examples of the video aside, real world thoughts....

I know people who have been saved by extra Mags and Bugs. I also knew a friend of a friend and fellow LEO who was killed for lack of BUG, the BG ran him down and shot him AFTER he figured out the LEO's gun had jammed. Your posts are typically pretty good, but not this one.

If you have been firing behind cover, the BG will not see you take the 2-3 seconds it takes to do a mag change. If you are playing Wyatt Earp and standing out in the open, then you get what you get.

Rule one of every LE basic class is never give up your gun and I've never seen asterisk that says "unless the BG's is drawn in any of them." You seek cover, take the guys gun hand to hand, cheese wiz him in the eye (lol), something, but raise hands and wait to be shot is not one of the recommended tactics. I don't get your post at all.
The Following User Likes This Post: