View Single Post

Old 03-07-2012, 07:24 PM

Liked 6,261 Times in 2,170 Posts

You guys are making me feel real lucky for stumbling onto my one lonely set of Kearsarge grips, years ago. These days it keeps an old 44 3rd model company. Its one of two known target 4" guns. Mine shows the ravages of a good honest life. The grips look and feel good.

I've got a couple of sets of Keith's grips, purchased from him back when he was just getting started on his 2nd career. Guess I need to find a gun to store them on some day. It might be an excuse to buy a gun with the wrong wood just to give them a home.

I once owned a few sets of Ropers, too. For any number of reasons I ended up selling them. They just weren't what I liked.

I owned the Kearsarge grips for a few years before I had any idea who had made them. This thread keeps fleshing out more detais of the guy's grips. I still have no clue how many were made, or how some of them filtered down to this part of the country. The only ill feeling on the subject is now everyone knows what they are and I can't snatch them up quick and cheap!

I've maybe never been known for my good taste. But my take on the situation these days is if I see a set of Kearsarge grips for sale, I'll be seriously interested in buying them. If I see a set of Ropers, I'll pass.