View Single Post

Old 03-07-2012, 11:12 PM

Liked 30 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhump1961 View Post
I was following the posts on the 3" 66 in question and it got me thinking about mine! I don't have a box and never questioned it's originality. Soooo...I shot an email off to Smith with the serial# and asked oh so nicely if they would tell me how that serial# left the factory. As always got the reply within a day confirming my 66 is an original 3". I suggest the same to settle the issue with this 66. It was free and set my mind at ease.
I'm happy it worked out that way for you. But I'm curious. Suppose they said your gun was re-barreled? Would that info change the fit, the feel, and the gun's balance? And would you enjoy shooting it less? - Although, if you thought you bought an original, and it turned out otherwise, I could understand your disappointment.

For those of us who shoot our guns, rather than collect them, a reasonable purchase price is the only issue; and given the insane(?) prices for some pre-lock S&W's... especially guns that are over 20 years old... I think I did well with my purchase. I suppose I could have the gun lettered, but for me, it would be a waste of $50.
The Following User Likes This Post: