View Single Post

Old 03-08-2012, 03:26 AM
US Veteran

Liked 2,367 Times in 1,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDR2 View Post
I'm happy it worked out that way for you. But I'm curious. Suppose they said your gun was re-barreled? Would that info change the fit, the feel, and the gun's balance? And would you enjoy shooting it less? - Although, if you thought you bought an original, and it turned out otherwise, I could understand your disappointment.

For those of us who shoot our guns, rather than collect them, a reasonable purchase price is the only issue; and given the insane(?) prices for some pre-lock S&W's... especially guns that are over 20 years old... I think I did well with my purchase. I suppose I could have the gun lettered, but for me, it would be a waste of $50.
Yes, I would have enjoyed it less...not because it looked or shot any different...but because I bought it for what it is and did not want a clone. If you bought and paid for an SS Chevelle and it turned out to be just painted like one...??

As for "those of us who shoot our guns, rather than collect them" I do mostly the former and a little of the latter...I buy what appeals to me when my gun money allows. Insane prices on pre-locks? Most are still less expensive than an a new gun! I'm glad you're happy with your purchase and am sure you will take your gun collection in the direction that suits you...as do we all!