View Single Post

Old 03-08-2012, 08:45 AM

Liked 30 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhump1961 View Post
Yes, I would have enjoyed it less...not because it looked or shot any different...but because I bought it for what it is and did not want a clone....

...Insane prices on pre-locks? Most are still less expensive than an a new gun!
Hey buddy... I hear you and I understand. As I already stated:
Quote:
if you thought you bought an original, and it turned out otherwise, I could understand your disappointment.
I would have felt the same disappointment, but I would not have enjoyed the gun any less. That's just me, and it is not meant to be a judgement on the way anyone else would feel under similar circumstances.

As for the cost of pre-locks being less expensive than new guns, I clearly stated that
Quote:
insane(?) prices for some pre-lock S&W's...
I was not referring to all pre-locks. And specific to this thread, the prices for 3" pre-locks, especially the model 66 guns, do carry insane prices. as did the pre-lock UDR that I bought. -- However, if you know where I can get 'em cheaper than new guns, please let me know. But don't tell the other guys who are reading this thread. -- Which begs the question of why I would pay insane prices. Well, in the first place, I never claimed I was sane; and second, sometimes "retail therapy" is the only way to hold on to one's sanity.