View Single Post

Old 03-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 1,331 Times in 325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aterry33 View Post
Can someone provide a good description of the differences between these two grip designs?

Hello aterry33
I can't help you with an Kearsarge stock's as I do not own a Pair, but here is a typical set of Original Walter Roper stocks that are shown mounted on my 1935 S&W Registered Magnum. As Other's have Mentioned Matheis Gagne the artisan that made all of Roper's stock's, focused on shooters needs more so than the stocks Grain or looks, differing from the Kearsarge ones. His stock's are made for comfort and good gun control with the Palm swell and bell shaped bottom, they are the most comfortable set of stock's I have Placed in my hands and make the gun point Natural when shooting Target's... Roper made many of his stock's for the Camp Perry shooting Teams back in the Late 1930's-mid 1940's time span. They are very hard to come by and the set shown is still wearing it's original finish. I scored these about Five years ago while at a gun show. The vendor that had these had them Placed on a Much newer Model 27-2 revolver. He shared with me that he wished he had the original period correct stock's for his 27-2 as he felt it would sell quicker. I told him to keep that thought as I slipped out to my truck and returned with a set of S&W Factory Target stock's for his gun and we Traded straight up. I was very Pleased when I left the gun show that day... Regards, Hammerdown

The Following 6 Users Like Post: