View Single Post

Old 03-08-2012, 04:22 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,368 Times in 1,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDR2 View Post
Hey buddy... I hear you and I understand. As I already stated:
I would have felt the same disappointment, but I would not have enjoyed the gun any less. That's just me, and it is not meant to be a judgement on the way anyone else would feel under similar circumstances.

As for the cost of pre-locks being less expensive than new guns, I clearly stated that I was not referring to all pre-locks. And specific to this thread, the prices for 3" pre-locks, especially the model 66 guns, do carry insane prices. as did the pre-lock UDR that I bought. -- However, if you know where I can get 'em cheaper than new guns, please let me know. But don't tell the other guys who are reading this thread. -- Which begs the question of why I would pay insane prices. Well, in the first place, I never claimed I was sane; and second, sometimes "retail therapy" is the only way to hold on to one's sanity.
I hear ya...excellent points throughout! I still don't have a 29-2 Dirty Harry 44mag because they bring such a premium! One day the right one at the right price will show up if I'm lucky! If not...there are other guns.