View Single Post

Old 03-09-2012, 03:55 AM

Liked 5 Times in 1 Post
Default My first Smith & Wesson purchase

Just traded in a 6 month old Glock G17 Gen4 9mm semiautomatic for this mint condition 5 inch blued Model 10-5 with numbered grip...an even swap! My local gun shop (Shoot Straight in Lakeland, FL) was selling the Smith & Wesson for $549, and the salesman was only gonna give me $250 for the Glock when the store's general manager walked up to the counter and inquired about the trade. He personally sold all the handguns my retired father has purchased in his store over the years, to include a mint 6 inch S&W Model 29 .44 Magnum revolver, a new Model 637 Airweight, a Colt Combat Elite 1911, even a Desert Eagle .44 Magnum! Since my dad's been a loyal customer and has purchased all his 9 handguns there, Steve decided to cut me a break on the trade in...gave me $300 for the Glock, and knocked the price down on the Model 10-5 to $300! I've always personally enjoyed shooting revolvers over pistols (call me weird), and this '60s(?) vintage 10-5 was just too sweet to pass up in my opinion. I thought I'd have buyer's remorse, but I'm not missing my Glock one bit (and it was an excellent gun)!

Last edited by jt1stcav; 03-09-2012 at 03:58 AM.