View Single Post

Old 03-09-2012, 10:48 PM

Liked 42 Times in 16 Posts

Congratulations on your Model 66, one of Smith & Wessons greatest in the opinion of many.

Stainless, it will ALWAYS show up dirt where a blued handgun won't. Kind'a makes a fella wonder just how dirty some blued handguns are and people just don't realize it. But with stainless, there is no doubt. You can see it in every little crevice of the gun. I always clean my mine where the dirt/grim is obvious. You can drive yourself insane trying to get one clean just above the barrel inside of the frame, and on the front of the cylinder. l

Shooting double action. The great Ed McGivern made a statement in his bood 'Fast & Fancy Revolver Shooting' that has stuck with me for over 30+ years. Simply stated, the vast majority of double action handguns are kept handy for self defense. This being the case, learn and train with it double action for just about everything other than deliberate, slow fire target shooting.

Now about that Model 28 or 27...you're on a slippery slope there my friend! When I'm ready to roll for the sticks, be it 4 wheeling or just rambling one of my 28's usually goes with me. They're the work horse of .357 S&W's. In fact, I don't recall ever seeing a 4" Model 28 that was too ugly for me unless the price was way out of line. While I don't intentinally abuse mine, I won't fret or lose sleep if I accidentally let it hit the ground. This is where proper holster selection is strongly recommended...grin.

Murphy2000