View Single Post

Old 03-10-2012, 10:22 PM

Liked 2,270 Times in 1,273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximumhax View Post
Thanks oneyeopn, I have that same scope on my 10/22, didn't know if it would take the beating from the .223 recoil.
I took it off of an 8x57 custom Mauser 98 that I have used for hunting for over 3 years, I have put around 400 rounds through the rifle and it has stayed true so far. The rifle is at a gunsmiths right now getting a .308 extra heavy SS 28" long match barrel put on it and is going to require a way better scope so I thought I would try it on my Sport, I used the rings that came with it and a 3/4" NCStar QD scope mount so I can switch to my Iron Sights whenever I want and have been very happy with it so far on my Sport. For the money they are not bad scopes. That is the only one of them I own. I have a couple of Bushnell's, a couple of Tasco's a Simmons and an Alpen. The Bushnell's and One of the Tasco's I spent around 2 bills or over for but it mostly depended on how critical I felt I needed to be. When I get the rifle back with the match barrel I am going to have to invest in a real high quality scope to match what the rifle can do but I normally get by with less expensive scopes with good warranties.