View Single Post

Old 03-12-2012, 12:29 AM
US Veteran

Liked 526 Times in 242 Posts

M2MikeGolf- I actually have 2 of the 10-14's, one that I modified and one that I left stock (in the pic) The one I modified is an absolute tack driver, I added all drop in parts and did the work myself. All I may have done is get Mark at Pinnacle to add a red insert to the front sight. This gun shows that you don't need adjustable sights to have an extremely accurate revolver.

There was a dealer on GunBroker this past winter selling security trade in 10-11's and 10-14's for about $300 each, so I went for a 10-14. He also had 64's so I got a 64-8 from him too. Both are in the pic, you can just see the 64-8 on the bottom. He says he is getting more, so keep looking.

FYI, K-frame square Pachmayr Presentations do fit perfectly on Round Butt K-frames, and there are a ton of round to square conversion grips out there, as you already know with the Ahrends.

I love my 10-14, it shoots just as well and in some cases better than any of my older S&W's. The mainsprings are a bit heavier but the DA pull is slicker, if that makes any sense. There is nothing wrong with the new IL and MIM Model 10's and I would recommend getting one. I'll never part with my two 10-14's and I shoot them often. I use my stock 10-14 for carry once in a while. If the IL is an issue, get the "plug" from Bullseye Smith here on the forums. I have one in my "worked" 10-14.

See if you can pick one up used, since new ones run about $500 or so from places like Bud's. I would also recommend looking at the 64-8's. My 64-8 is scary accurate.

C&R Bill- Thanks! Nothing says "old school cop gun" like a 5" or 6" taper barrel M&P!
The Following 2 Users Like Post: