View Single Post

Old 03-12-2012, 12:45 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 263 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goony View Post
Can you tell us a bit more about your gun, such as the serial number range, or better yet, post some photos? Have you had it lettered?
Yes, I can tell you a bit more, and I will. Yes, I have had it lettered. I should take digital pictures of all of my guns, but that is a monumental task I have not yet undertaken. Sorry, no pictures at present.

My gun is Number 15XX and shipped April 9, 1956 to Evaluators Limited, Quantico, Virginia. (Anybody know anything about that firm?) As stated, it is mint and complete in its original box, with two magazines and papers. The only flaw in the package is some oil stains on the manual. I think I got it from David Carroll probably at least thirty years ago, maybe longer, but I am not sure without going into my records, which are down in the vault room, which is where I am not at the moment.

As mentioned, I have been following this model since it was announced in the gun press in the Mid-1950s, so when I had a chance to buy one years later, I did. I cannot remember what I paid, but I have always cherished the gun as one of my favorites.

In its own way, it is as significant as other milestone Smith & Wesson guns, such as the .357 Magnum and .44 Magnum. Every Smith & Wesson semi-automatic pistol through the Third Generation models owes its linage to the 9mm Double Action Pistol.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: