View Single Post

Old 03-13-2012, 10:02 AM

Liked 51 Times in 13 Posts
Default Don't give up!! There are still some out there

Like many of you I have been pushed out of the market by the high prices that the decent old Smith and Wessons have been bringing over the past couple of years. Factor in my Barn Boy wages to the equation and it has been a long dry spell since I have added any S&W revolvers to my small collection.
A couple of weeks ago I stopped at the NAPA store for some parts. One of my old gun stores that I used to patrol was right next door. I just walked in to say hey and they had a decent no dash model 36 square butt sitting on top of the counter. It had a few "freckles" on the top strap, had just came in the day before. Early in the discussion he dropped his price $25 to $250. I about dislocated my shoulder pulling my wallet out to do the deal. Plus they had a killer deal on 40 cal ammo so I bought a box. Took the 36 home and it cleaned up nice and looks great to my eyes.

A week later I thought that I needed to grab another box of 40 cal before he sold out, so into town I go. Grab my box of 40 and on the counter in a basket weave holster is a pre model 10 snubbie SB. The bluing was a little worn in a few places but it was in good condition. A little talk and he drops the price to $325 with the holster. Done deal.

So the blind pig found not one but two acorns and averaging pricing them, two fine old snubbies for just a little south of $300.

So ladies and gentlemen. Don't give up. There are still some good deals out there. Just think positive and keep looking. Please excuse the ****** pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 36 no dash SB.jpg (71.4 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg Pre 10 SB.jpg (63.2 KB, 219 views)
The Following 7 Users Like Post: