View Single Post

Old 03-14-2012, 12:01 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply's guys. If the set screw goes into the barrel I am not going to achieve my objective and have the sight secured with the same integrity.

I'll go ahead and spill what I'm experiencing with the sight adjustment. Just had a barrel relined and got out to shoot it for the first time. The sights were set a little left of center. The first shots indicated a big correction to the right. I've adjusted all the way right an still need a little more.

I'm a little concerned that something went wrong in the process but have not done enough testing to really understand what is going on. I do know something is different.

My first thought is that the barrel has a new axial orientation, which is concerning. This could mean the recess in on the bold face is not centered on the case head, which could be a problem. The gun functions fine.

Could a bum crown kick all shots the same direction with relatively good accuracy?

I really need to shoot this more to confirm all this. I don't think it was that windy on Sunday.