View Single Post

Old 03-14-2012, 09:32 PM

Liked 2,270 Times in 1,273 Posts

OK, went an reresighted in the 4-16x44 scope on my sport. Just a few clicks of adjustment and I was there. I let my nephew (the LEO) shoot my sport and help me test out the Thermolds. They worked flawlessly even loaded them to the max and they worked as good as any mag I own. We then went Pdog hunting. I let my nephew shoot my Sport and I shot my Savage 93r17 bolt action. Let us just say I really need to teach him to shoot. We took turns shooting at the Pdogs, he missed 3 shots and then I took it out with my 17. He missed 2 shots and then I took the second one out with my 17. I saw one come up and was walking around the mound quite a ways off. I took the sport and nailed it. I quickly got another shot at a second one not quite as far and I nailed it. We used the range finder to find out my shots. The first one was at 262 Yards and the next one was at 214 yards. Federal XM193f and a Thermold 30 round Magazine. So I knew it wasn't the rifle, I handed it back to him and let him try a few more. I believe he isn't centering the scope correctly cause he shoots way high every time. This is the same one who asked me to teach him to shoot his Remington 770 .308 800 yards. I got a lot of work to do. Speaking of Remington's. The new higher end Remington Rifles are all coming with a 5R barrel.