View Single Post

Old 03-15-2012, 04:56 AM

Liked 25,701 Times in 8,685 Posts

The only steel ammo I have ever used is for my M1 Carbine (Wolf Brand). I bought 4 cases (2000 rounds) and have gone through over two of them so far with no problems. At the time I paid $9.75 per 50 round box which was a steal.

There have been occasional reporting's of broken extractors on the M1 Carbines from steel case use, but since I bought two spare extractors at $4 bucks each, I am not in the least concerned. I saved more than that halfway through the first box!

Candidly, I would love to shoot brass cartridges instead of steel, but the cost is just prohibitive - especially with the Carbine. Once I get that sucker out to the Range and start whaling away I go through ammo very rapidly. Just a FUN GUN to shoot!

My friend uses the Tula steel cases and in a head to head M1 Carbine comparison the Wolf is much better. The Wolf has some sort of coating on them that makes the cases slicker for feeding & ejecting whereas the Tula does NOT.

The Wolf ammo is now more than the Tula, but IMHO worth the extra price for the trouble free operation.

Chief38