View Single Post

Old 03-15-2012, 09:55 PM

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxonPig View Post
TS and I keep going around on this. If ones looks at the piece I linked in an earlier post I have test results from actual shooting of a 4" revolver with older ammo. The real world difference is not as much as some think. But anyone who absolutely refuses to believe factory ammo has been loaded down is free to believe that. My research, observations and experience tell me otherwise.

TS keeps mentioning those AF guns breaking but I don't know anything about the guns, the circumstances or the ammo used. Was it something special for the military? Off the shelf ammo like in the stores? Frankly I can't believe ANY factory ammo would be so destructive.

As for the broken M15s being the reason for switching to the M9, again he is saying things that I have never heard from any other source. It was my understanding that the switch was made to align with NATO with the 9mm caliber and to consolidate all services with one gun for logistics sake.
To echo SP, I have never heard of any problems with the M15 revolvers in military service nor that the switch was made from the .45 cal M1911A1 and various other guns to the M9 for any reason other than standardization with NATO.
The Following User Likes This Post: