View Single Post

Old 03-16-2012, 08:28 PM

Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod330 View Post
Bill, you are very fortunate...that's a great lookIng 5906. I just took delivery of two CDNN "select" 5906 guns at $339.99 each. Both were rough and one had a lot of deep pitting under the grips. I'm not taking any more gambles with CDNN police trade-ins. I'd lose more than $80 sending them back (shipping both ways plus LGS transfer fee) so I'll probably trade them in to my LGS for something else. Buyer beware, you might get lucky like the OP or you may get stuck with a turkey.
Sorry you had such bad luck. I got a 5906 for $339 that CDNN rated as Excellent however I believe Good to Very Good is more reasonable so there may be something to the "CDNN is at the bottom of the barrel" post. No doubt it's more iffy buying one today than a year or more ago.

Still, it's a good pistol and the important things are good so I'm all right with it. I thought about complaining but didn't and after reading your post I guess at this late date it would be hard to get much better. The major issues with mine are a solid ding on the barrel bushing (but fortunately the barrel seems ok) and some pitting under the grips like yours.

My SN is RJF21xx and I'm trying to figure out its birth date. It came with the fat Hogue grips but I found original S&W straight back grips that fit much better. Looking for curved grips too.