View Single Post

Old 03-22-2012, 08:16 AM

Liked 986 Times in 559 Posts

Unbelieveable.... guy asks for thoughts on using his new 357 sig barrel and all you guys have to talk about is what he paid for his barrel...

Ok Houdini, I'm with you, I bought ANOTHER Storm\Lake barrel for my 40c when I bought it last year. Difference being I bought the S\L ported 357 sig barrel. I didn't like it at 1st, it just seemed to be way to snappy... I felt like I couldn't control the muzzle enough to be effective. But it sure was an attention getter at the range, the blast and the muzzle flames were incredible. So I parked it in my range bag while I licked my wounds and tried to decide what to do with it and how to maybe sell it.... Fast forward to about a month ago, I had some ammo left and decided to shooot up the box before making my next move... Wawho!! I love it now, I shot it great, hit the target POA. Felt like I am in control of my muzzle with it and now throw the barrel in when I have ammo for it. I buy a couple of boxes now everytime I can, but tend to shoot em all up when I hit the range. Last time out, I had no more ammo so before I left the range, I put my 40c barrel back in and loaded up my mags with 40's.. till I could get somemore ammo..

I also have the Storm\Lake 9mm conversion barrel for my M&P40fs, love that one too but don't carry it anymore since I put in the FSS kit from APEX. For those that want to know the diff between a S&W and S\L barrel.....

Last edited by turbo38gn; 03-22-2012 at 08:34 AM.