View Single Post

Old 03-22-2012, 07:31 PM

Liked 17 Times in 6 Posts

Thought about picking up a 909 myself there is a pristine one online for $399 with box etc.I don't have any experience with the 915 but plenty with the 910 and it is a very nice piece.The plastic parts are NOTHING to worry about.Guiderod-switch it out for model 59 off Numrich,sights-Meprolight makes replacements,mag release-when the spring wears out you can order one for a 59xx carefully dremel a small notch on frame for the takedown button,the disconnector-leave it alone.Fastbolt has told me that the plastic one performs as good if not better than the steel ones.If it makes you feel any better my...4566 has a plastic disconnector! Funny how the plastic parts can scare us with the 3rd gen jewels but we won't hesitate to rely on a M&P,Glock,HK,SIG and any other 'plastic' pieces to get the job done I turned a buddy of mine on to these 3rd gens after having shot my model 410 and he bought one used at the range right then and there.Over 2300 rounds later downrange with plastic sights,guiderod,mag button,and disconnector he had one complaint-the recoil spring he had not changed when he bought the gun was worn out....What! But it's not plastic! His 410 has been flawless to this day and is his favorite gun,he paid $250 OTD for it
The Following User Likes This Post: