View Single Post

Old 03-24-2012, 01:48 AM

Liked 33 Times in 29 Posts

I Got a stainless 4 inch V15 for 275 bucks from an old gunsmith just because it looked like a colt python

File:Pred2 2028.jpg - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database

which goes for some insane prices nowadays in MA and it was hell of a deal despite them putting the dan wesson markings on slightly sideways on the frame.

but it turns out he didnt notice it had a broken rear sight, hence its price probably. He fixed it and it shoot's well now and I got some aftermarket packmyer presentation grips for it.

but the thing about it is the trigger is rigged up in such a way that after a little bit of snap cap practice your trigger finger starts to feel fatigue while I dont have that happen on any of the other smith revolvers.

I dont know what it is that makes it do that, maybe its the angle of the trigger or something but its really quite odd and it throws me off.

other than that its got a nice smooth trigger and its never really bothered me on a one box range session but it just seems too heavy because of that and after learning that it was just the 19-5's with a bad barrel run and ONLY the 1500 fps+ 125 grain magnum loads that caused the forcing cone problem with the 19 (along with a ruger GP101, python and it probably beat the hell out of the 27 as well) so I'd say the 19 is far superior to it in feel and trigger

hell its the only smith and wesson revolver I'd ever buy with the stock grips on it, it fits me that well even with those slipery checker in the middle only grips they had in the 70's onwards.

plus 4' inch 357 magnums are just cool and its damn near just about the right balance for alot of people me included.

Last edited by Kavinsky; 03-24-2012 at 01:51 AM.