View Single Post

Old 03-25-2012, 06:19 PM

Liked 986 Times in 559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houdini1953 View Post
Yes the barrel was installed before I went to the range and I had 5 magazines full of .357SIG FMJ just not one chambered for a total of 65 shots plus the remainder of a second 50 box of FMJ's.

I suppose I could have pushed the slide forward into battery but was concerned about this harming my slide so that is why I put the .40 barrel back in. When I rack the slide it should easily go into battery and if not I get concerned, wouldn't you?
No problem, your call, you are there, I'm not. I am a mechanic by trade and a tinkerer by nature. I play with and mod my guns, I may have played with it and checked it out closer to see what up. It seems to me, if you had it in before going to the range, it closed. May have been just a little break in and you'd have it a good functioning tight piece, which is what we are looking for. I have 2 of the S\L barrels, they are tight but have functioned flawlessly for me. It just seemed as though it worked for you until you got to the range and someone else worked it..