View Single Post

Old 03-27-2012, 01:04 AM
Banned

Liked 1,190 Times in 626 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by papershooter View Post
Wow...I just posted the same thing up. Having the same issues. Im thinking it's possible I didn't lube the bcg wet enuff to my rifles liking.
One big thing people miss is initial prep before shooting-

Did you strip and degrease/ clean the rifle before shooting it? Rifles come in a variety of conditions, from packed in grease, to lubed to death, to dry as a sand box, to just right.

Disassemble the bolt assembly, lube the bolt with 2 drops on the wear surface, and 2 drops on the gas rings themselves. Lube the cam pin with a drop or 2 of oil. Oil the glide surfaces, they are the flat slides on the bottom, and top of the front end of the bolt carrier. Oil the charging handle, a drop or 2 will do.
You really will not need more than this. You oil it in this manner, with the oil of your choice. Mobil 1 is good, I use Tetra and Slip, and sometimes RemOil. No heavy oils, no greases of any kind..... too sticky. Catches too much debris and slows down the action.
Dragon and JaPes are pretty spot on with their point on this. ( I DO stress staggering the rings, but the truth is.... if the rifle works reasonably well, the ring position will not detract from performance. On a really finicky, home-brew gun, it can make a difference.

In the end, lube it and shoot it silly. It needs to break in. Good luck! Paul.