View Single Post

Old 03-29-2012, 12:03 AM

Liked 68 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6864 View Post
These threads kill me the weight you feel is the striker not the trigger. Simple test take the slide off and pull the trigger notice the weight. Put slide on and rack it pull the trigger and notice how the weight is greater. You could remove every last spring in the sear and still be left with a heavy feel because its the striker spring you are feeling
I wasn't gonna step in here, but I gotta.
I don't disagree that some of the weight in the sigmas trigger pull is from the striker being pulled rearward as you pull the trigger, maybe even most of it, but the sear assembly definately carries some of that weight also....60% striker, 40% wear assembly? Who knows but saying that the weight you feel is just the striker is silly, rabbit.
Now the sigma is a true DA, as in its not precocked as the m&p, and glock. As you stated the sigma must fully pull the striker rearward and lower itself to release. so how would the energy needed to not only move the striker rearward, but also lower the sear against the springs not be felt?
So yes you can remove everything from the sear and still have a heavy trigger, BUT not near as heavy as before.
I don't recommend taking anything but the pigtail spring out and some good polishing, but hey its not my gun....but if this is done a much better, and lighter trigger is achievable, and still be heavy enough to be safe as S&W intended.
Sorry lol.