View Single Post

Old 03-30-2012, 04:18 PM

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug M. View Post
There has been a trend recently to trying RDS on autopistols, mostly Glocks and M&Ps. I have seen a lot of good work done and written up on another forum (14 pages now). It looks like the hot setup will be the T1 on a good mount, just like on an AR. There is even a new Safariland duty holster being developed for pistols set up that way.
I have not yet moved that way for a lot of reasons, mostly money. I have, however, followed the information with real interest. It seems that a good bit of dry practice presentations are required to get used to the dot. Until enough have been done, it is a frustrating time, but after - good to go.
I am sort of thinking of one more .357 revolver project, and have to admit that a 6" barrel with some sort of optic for better long range utility has some real appeal. Again, not a front burner project.
I do like my 629 & 617 both wearing Leupold 2x scopes. I hunt deer out of a box blind with the 629 and it is possible to get a solid rest. Practicing with the scoped 617 keeps my sight picture the same when I grab the 44. With the scopes I am not fast on the target by no means and an unsupported shot is out of the question. Important thing for me is my accuracy off a solid rest with optics @ 50 yards is the same as open sights @ 50 feet. The red dot sights are something I want to explore for a few other guns.

Last edited by mchech; 03-30-2012 at 04:24 PM.