View Single Post

Old 03-31-2012, 01:29 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I saw a new 21-4 in a local gun shop. it was a very handsome blued gun with a 4" barrel, rosewood Ahrend conversion grips and no TR logo(thank God). While looking at it I noticed a blemish on the inside face of the cylinder near the outside edge between two of the bores. The blemish is a small area of roughness about 1/8"-1/4" in length, 1/3 moon in shape, that looks to me like this little area was missed in the final finishing of the bare metal. As a mater of principle, I passed on this gun. People should't let things like this slip by. However upon susequent visits to the gun shop, that 21-4 was still there calling me. I kept going back the 21-4 hoping that the blemish really wasn't there. After some conversations with some very knowledgeable friends the consensus was; are you gonna shoot it? Or feel it and look at it? Against my better judgement, I bought the gun. Well let me tell you; this gun is a shooter at 20 yds with a 200 gr lead RN FP over 5.5 gr of Winchester 231. It consistently shoots groups of five a little over 1" with half of those groups showing clover leafs. My very first group with this gun showed two bullets missing the paper altogether. However upon closer examination I saw that all five of the shots hit the paper with three of the bullets overlapping into the same hole!
Despite my disappointment with the blemish, this gun may grow on me.