Thread: Bar Sto Barrel
View Single Post

Old 04-08-2012, 09:45 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I got they're email newsletter on 04-05-12 and it said:

Apex/Bar-Sto Barrels-

We've been working tirelessly with our friends at Bar-Sto Precision to get the Apex / Bar-Sto barrel into production. The material is on order and the process is nearly ready to begin. We're still expecting a release no sooner than August or September.
-------

So it's coming along. The good news is it looks like they will be testing these things a lot, since he said the process is about ready to begin. So hopefully we'll see consistent 1.3 to 1.85" groups out to 25 yards with the fitted one. I assume it'll be 1.75" - 2.0" groups with the drop in barrel, but I'm sure that will probably only be with half of the ammo out there though. Or maybe if we all keep posting the fitted barrel ones will have 0.80" to 1.25" groupings then he'll have to make them that way, just kidding, but it'd be nice. There is only so much you can do with any platform.

Apex Tactical is also working on a new "Locking Block" that should improve accuracy for all current guns, even without the Bar-Sto barrel.

This is a post from Randy over on M4Carbine.net :

Hi All,

One of the many projects I have on my bench is a new locking block that should extend the dwell time and prevent premature unlocking with the factory barrel.

I realize that there are many who would rather not pay for an aftermarket barrel plus fitting. The locking block should be an economical improvement for accuracy.

What the new block will mean for those with a new Apex/Bar-Sto barrel? Early experiments with extending dwell time showed that the delayed unlocking resulted in a softer shooting pistol. The longer we could extend the dwell time (within reason anyways) the softer the recoil sensation.

-Randy

-------------

So I'm excited about both of these coming down the line. I also look forward to the Apex M&P 22lr conversion.

--
I'd like to add, I wish Apex would move to a place like South Dakota also (cheaper taxes...), then maybe the FSS & Trigger would go from $160 down to $140 or $150. Of course now that they got a new office, not going to happen anytime soon. It would be nice though.

Last edited by PC Geek Shooter; 04-08-2012 at 09:55 PM.