Thread: 16-4?
View Single Post

Old 04-13-2012, 09:54 AM

Liked 1,195 Times in 457 Posts

I looked for a K-32 for many years. They never made many, and I was always behind the price curve. When the 16-4 hit the market I almost broke my arm reaching for my wallet. It has NOT disappointed me.

I shoot mostly target loads in .32 S&W Long cases (there is a story behind that). The first Federal .32 H&R magnum loads had terrible junk for brass - every box fired (from the factory) would leave me with several split cases. When reloaded the same thing happened. Then, Federal quit selling components to reloaders right after the 16-4 hit the market. They were the ONLY possible source for brass by buying factory loads with junk brass. Grr-r-r-r!

A friend was a commercial loader. He had, literally, a barrel of .32 S&W Long brass and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I took several thousand rounds and didn't look back. Several years later, Starline Brass offered .32 H&R brass - I bought several thousand for me and a shooting buddy.

I have moulds for a Group Buy 100 gr Keith bullet as well as a Lee Six Cavity mould for a full wadcutter bullet. Over the years I have found .32 bullets for a really good price at gun shows, also. It has been a fun ride with my .32's (I also have a S&W 631 and a Ruger SP 101).

Here is my 16-4:

Dale53
The Following 3 Users Like Post: