View Single Post

Old 04-15-2012, 11:14 PM

Liked 82 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster Picnic View Post
It's not enough to have a man-stopping round loaded in your revolver. You also need to be able to hit something with it, and that generally requires practicing with your carry ammo. If shooting the 360 with hot Magnums really hurts your hand, affects your accuracy, and the recoil makes quick follow-up shots impossible, then you and the gun aren't going to be very effective at crunch time.

There's a reason S&W sells so many 642s and 442s - because .38sp+P from a 15-oz alloy revolver is snappy enough for most people. Use hotter ammo in a lighter gun, and the snap factor goes up quickly.

J-frame Magnum rounds are best delivered from a stainless steel 3" with full underlug. Even there they can be memorable.
Good points. So let me ask. Why do they put out such an animal? Who is shooting 357 mag out of these airweights? Is it a novelty gun? or are there serious shooters using them as designed? I 100% agree and practice what you say with all my handguns...practice with what you will use on the street. Sounds like its not a good thing in that 360. I've shot the 442 plenty, but its been a while. Yes the snappiness of just the 38 spcl is memorable. I should probably shoot one again to wake me up. LOL

Last edited by Pote; 04-15-2012 at 11:17 PM.