View Single Post

Old 04-16-2012, 12:41 PM

Liked 3,499 Times in 1,287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pote View Post
Good points. So let me ask. Why do they put out such an animal? Who is shooting 357 mag out of these airweights? Is it a novelty gun? or are there serious shooters using them as designed? I 100% agree and practice what you say with all my handguns...practice with what you will use on the street. Sounds like its not a good thing in that 360. I've shot the 442 plenty, but its been a while. Yes the snappiness of just the 38 spcl is memorable. I should probably shoot one again to wake me up. LOL
They put it out because people buy them. Some people can't handle them due to recoil. I have read stories of people buying M29 .44 Magnums after Dirty Harry came out. Shortly after they would sell it, and a box of ammo, with 44 rounds still in it.
I agree practice is important. My M340PD is always in my pocket, on my non-dominant side. I literally forget it's there. I replaced the rubber grip with Eagle Secret Service wood stocks. These make it easier to draw, but soak up even less recoil than the rubber ones. Every time I go to the range shoot it left handed only, as that is the side I carry it on. Yes, it hurts. Bad. But I don't pour hundreds of rounds through it that way. I do enough to keep myself grooved in. This is not a revolver I bought for the enjoyment of shooting. I bought it to save my life. If I ever have to use it for that, I doubt I'll even notice the recoil.
If you are interested in one of these I think you should get one. I'll never part with mine.
Jim
The Following User Likes This Post: