View Single Post

Old 04-17-2012, 08:24 PM

Liked 24 Times in 10 Posts

This note is a follow-up to my original post about jamming problems with my new Sport. After several more tries following ideas here regarding ammo, cleaning and oiling, my Sport continued to jam. It would not strip a round from a magazine (tried 8 different brands) and insert it into the chamber. To get this gun to fire I first placed a round in the chamber by hand, then released the bolt stop. Then I inserted the loaded magazine. Next, I would fire the round in the chamber. Given these above steps the rifle would then strip a round from the magazine and then into the chamber about about 75% of the time. However, this above procedure is not advised in the owners manual. The method advised in the owners manual is to first pull back the charging handle, push in the bolt stop, then insert the loaded magazine, then release the bolt stop allowing the bolt to move forward stripping the top round from the magazine and inserting it into the chamber. When I follow this method in the manual my gun would jam almost every time with any brand ammo and with any magazine. I also had this gun discharge (only one time) when the gun was "on safe", when I inserted a cartridge into the chamber and then released the bolt stop, thus allowing the bolt to slam forward. This gun has been sent back to S&W for repair. I am not a happy camper. I expected better quality control.
The Following User Likes This Post: