View Single Post

Old 04-19-2012, 10:06 AM

Liked 2,358 Times in 1,117 Posts

This is a tough call. A gun shop gets only so many... and the demand is high! I think if it were my shop, I'd sell all but one, and let customers see and handle the last one. That way I could still give a great deal which my customers expect, and I could keep a sample for them to hold and hopefully order.

Gun shops don't make much on new guns. That extra $20 or $40 they overcharge for the 3 Shields they got from Smith is not going to make their day. So why overcharge?

I'd rather sell at my normal markup, make a few customers VERY happy they could get a Shield at a fab price, then those customers show their buddies and they tell them where they bought it at a great price and say "Yes he has one down there to look at and check out right now!".

That satisfaction and customer service will be worth a lot more than the extra $80 or so you could have gouged out of a few customers that really want a Shield....

I like the saying: "You can shear a sheep every year, but you can only slaughter it once."
The Following 5 Users Like Post: