View Single Post

Old 04-19-2012, 05:01 PM
US Veteran

Liked 214 Times in 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivers2k View Post
I had the same dilemma as you. I even started a thread on here asking opinion on which is better the ssr or the 686+.

I went into the LGS several times cash in hand eyeing up a 686+ and a 686 SSR. I actually walked out several times because I just couldn't decide. I saved for too long to make the wrong decision. I wound up going for the 686+. I couldn't be happier with the gun its self (after S&W corrected a minor grip issue).

Its said the 686ssr has a better trigger I really couldn't tell the difference in the store and I really can't tell at the range. my trigger is very crisp. I think its like when you stand in the store one tv looks a little brighter than another, but only slightly, when you get it home it looks like any other tv. Same thing.

The SSR really is pretty but I don't think it is worth the extra $$$. But that was just my conclusion after months of torturing myself. Like I said I am really really happy with my 686. I don't think you can make a wrong decision.

here is a pic.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG]
Is that a Talo version with a wooden grip? Sorry my phone makes the pics kinda small.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2