View Single Post

Old 04-20-2012, 01:52 AM

Liked 159 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by "JJ" View Post
I think that is the way our goverment thinks as well! I will have to disagree with you on this one ponchsox! Just because someone will pay it doesn't make it ok. This situation isn't illegal because we don't HAVE to buy it. I am all for everybody making their buck, but if they charge more then their usual mark up just because, they are taking advantage of me. My LGS had it for MSRP as well. I asked the guy if they had any other guns for sale at MSRP & he said no. I fondled it and left!
I guess I totally don't understand this logic or conclusion. It is capitalism at its purest and most unmolested. It's an independent seller asking what the market will carry. Good for the guy, good for the market (inspires competition), less good for the consumer. I don't consider an M&P Shield an essential item that a businessperson should be either honor- or legally- bound to sell at some low price because I want it.

I want a Shield. I will highly likely buy a Shield. The price I pay is going to be heavily influenced by my impetuousness, supply, and availability. If guy X is selling it for MSRP and guy Y is selling it for MSRP-$50, I'll go with guy Y. Guy X will respond or wait until guy Y sells out.

I guess in summation: I don't like it when I have to pay more for stuff... but to equate selling a pistol (again, not an essential, unique, morally necessary thing) for what the market will bear with taking advantage of me strikes me as a bit hyperbolic at best and patently confused about a free market economy at worst.

I hope both you and I find Shields at deals that are good for us For me, I suspect I'll cave and buy at MSRP (or above with FFL and shipping) because, dammit, I want one now!
The Following User Likes This Post: