View Single Post

Old 04-20-2012, 10:23 AM

Liked 103 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Quartzsite View Post
Your choice of color is annoying to say the least. I have never had to adjust any of my M&P sights, but I don't see any problem with using just the front sight if that's the way they suggest. If the rear sight is removable, then it is adjustable as well.

Just picked up a Shield yesterday and shot about 30 rounds through it yesterday afternoon. I also owned a Ruger LC9 that I traded after owning it only 2 months. The LC9 had a magazine safety which I wasn't fond of, the trigger had an extremely long pull, and the thumb safety had to be placed in the Fire position to clear and empty the gun.

The Shield has the same trigger as other M&P's with a crisp break a distinctive reset. There is no mag safety, and best of all the thumb safety doesn't lock the slide so the gun can be cleared and emptied with the safety on.

I have only owned it one day and shot only a few rounds, but so far it looks like S&W has a winner. Very pleased with the gun and my purchase.
The rear sight is removable. When I took my Shield in the day that I bought it to get the trigger work done, the guy swapped the sights out with his Trijicon HDs from his full size M&P9. They fit nicely.