View Single Post

Old 04-20-2012, 05:30 PM
US Veteran

Liked 214 Times in 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainz View Post
I went into my local pusher's some four years with every intention of leaving with a new 686SSR. I left with something that I liked more - for the same price (They still share the same MSRP: $969.) - a 627Pro. Sure, it's an N-frame... it weighs in at 2.9 oz more than the 686SSR. But... it holds eight... and has the same attributes, save the wooden grips of the 686SSR, which I didn't like. Moonclips are a plus, too. I quickly got it a .250" tall HiViz front sight, same size/type as my 625JM took - great fast target acquisition for my 'mature' eyes. It had a very good trigger right out of the box - I made it better - at the expense of marrying it, like my other .38/.357M's, to Federal primers.Here it is with my more recent Pro purchase - a 60 Pro:

If you aren't limited to 6 rounds due to using it in competition, consider the same price buying a 4" 627. It'll come with the usual Hogue rubber grips. Just a thought!

Stainz
I have looked at the 627's I do like them as well. At this point though I am looking for more of a mid sized revolver. But who knows what the future may hold I may end up with a 627 as well.
Man I need to win the Power Ball!