View Single Post

Old 04-22-2012, 06:43 PM

Liked 32 Times in 22 Posts

I went to the local Shoot Straight... They had one that was sold pending for the owner to come by, but they let me see it and hold it... Price? 499.00 +tax !!!! I told them that it was 50.00 over msrp, "yeah, but that is what we are selling them for..."

They also offered me a Walther PPS for 549.00.

Both were very nice guns...the Shield looked like it took a lot of cues in design from the Walther. Grip on the Shield felt better for me... But that is as far as I could examine or compared them after the price shock... I thank them and walked out...

Gander Mountain had 40 and sold the last one on Tuesday... I had called on Monday and was told they did not have them... The sales guy saw my frustration (I have purchased a few guns there..)...took my name and phone number, and told me he would put one aside when they get the next order this coming Tuesday or Thursday... They have them at msrp...

Maybe I should just wait for the next gun show. I would hate to pay 50.00 more than the going price... Problem is that I suffer from the same patience issues some of you have lol