View Single Post

Old 04-23-2012, 09:57 PM

Liked 156 Times in 114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPes View Post
It's not "gun dumb". It's personal preference. If it's not something you want, don't buy the model with it. I applaud S&W for giving the firearms enthusiast a choice.

My M&P 9 doesn't have a frame safety. I'm a Glock owner so it's no big deal to me not having a safety. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot: aware of the foreground, the target, and the background.

My 1911 has a frame safety that I find easy to use, and not intrusive. A reflexive flick of the thumb, and the safety is off. I have a M&P 22 that has a frame safety, and I find it as easy to use and unobtrusive as a 1911's safety.

I agree with Jeb21. John Moses Browning got it right with the thumb safety concept. I don't like those little, hard to activate/deactivate, nub safeties that sit basically flush to the weapon. I also don't like the slide mounted safety system a-la Beretta 90-series.
You stated pretty much the idea for a weapon that uses a hammer but the M&P does not have one you could drive nails with it if you want and it would not fire, but the point is that a STRIKER FIRED weapon will only fire if the trigger, that thing within the trigger guard is squeezed and that is the whole point I was trying to make in the original post, which is without squeezing the two stage trigger with your finger in the correct place the M&P cannot fire the firing of this weapon is an act of whoever is holding the weapon to actually pull the trigger!