View Single Post

Old 04-23-2012, 10:15 PM

Liked 3,961 Times in 1,871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houdini1953 View Post
You stated pretty much the idea for a weapon that uses a hammer but the M&P does not have one you could drive nails with it if you want and it would not fire, but the point is that a STRIKER FIRED weapon will only fire if the trigger, that thing within the trigger guard is squeezed and that is the whole point I was trying to make in the original post, which is without squeezing the two stage trigger with your finger in the correct place the M&P cannot fire the firing of this weapon is an act of whoever is holding the weapon to actually pull the trigger!
There is no contesting that point. Safety off or no safety, pull a trigger and you get a bang.

There's a generous amount of trigger area that can be depressed that will deactivate the trigger safety on a M&P. I can put my finger on either side of the trigger, and the trigger safety will disengage.

IMO, this is the one point I give the Glock's safe action trigger. The pad of my finger has to be on the exact center of that trigger, depressing that little lever, for the trigger safety to disengage.

This is something we just won't see eye-to-eye on, and that's a good thing. I think we both agree that the best "safety" is to keep your finger off the trigger until you're 100% ready to shoot, no matter the firearm.