View Single Post

Old 04-24-2012, 03:24 PM
US Veteran

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekrauos View Post
. . .
I really like how the BG380 shoots, I really like that it has the same manual of arms as my full size carry (1911). I really HOPE the firing pin is fine on my wifes EAX. And if it does fail, I REALLY REALLY hope by then a robust FP is designed for replacement. (And dont tell me to get a P238, I like cocked and locked on my belt, not in my pocket) (PS, if sig made a DAO P238, I would buy two of them tomorrow) S&W, please make the BG380 right!
Ditto this!

I originally bought a Sig P238 for my wife to use as a CC. I don't recall if it was American Rifleman or G & A that did a review of the pocket 380s but one of them did a while back. The S&W was not included in the article. Of those that were the Sig was determined to be the best one of the bunch so I bought that. At the time I bought this I didn't even know about the BG 380 being available. I have about 300 rounds through the Sig and I'm NOT a big fan. It has a difficult time shooting just about any ammo I buy. It stove pipes frequently. I am continuing to put ammo through it when I have time in hopes it is just a break in issue but I never carry this gun anywhere.

My wife (and I) just love the small size and firepower of the 380 so I went back to the drawing board and considered several other 380's. That is when I found the 380 Bodyguard. I bought one used at my local dealer and from day one it has shot super. I have around 400 rounds through it and it has only stove piped once. It shoot any kind of ammo I put in it. My wife uses this as a CC and I loved it so much I went and bought a second one for myself (brand new). I have never had any problems with either one. I do admit that I DON'T dry fire the gun much, once in a great while after cleaning maybe but that is it. I was also taught not to dry fire guns.

I was on this forum looking for information about better night sights for my BGs when I stumbled across this thread. I had no clue anyone was having any problems with them. I love the fit, finish, reliability and design of my BG. If there really is a problem with the FP I sure hope it gets resolved soon.

I agree about not carrying a cocked and locked gun in my pocket either, no way. That was another HUGE benefit to the BG over the Sig.

What about after market FP? Has anyone looked into this? Honestly it isn't a money issue for me, I love the BG and would consider buying a hardened steel after market FP if there were one available. I just love the gun and don't know of any reasonable replacement for it. My wife and I carry ours all the time and I just need to know it will be there for me (her) when we need it.