View Single Post

Old 04-24-2012, 03:31 PM

Liked 385 Times in 139 Posts

I find these threads tiring. Not everyone in America drives the same car, wears the same clothes, or uses the same cell phone, so why would the use firearms be any less diverse.

Im glad to see the OP doesn't need a magazine disconnect or external safety. For my needs, I carry a full size 3rd Gen S&W with a safety AND magazine disconnect. I figure the odds of a negligent discharge brought on by a momentary lapse in judgement in the next 70 odd years of my life are much higher than the likelihood ill be involved in an intense shootout requiring a reload after 15 rounds fired ,with one round left in the pipe to dispatch the bad guy.

I cannot speak to the OP's frequency of training new shooters, but I know from experience an external safety can literally save lives when new people are still learning the import of the Four Commandments-especially the commandments about keeping the finger off the trigger and pointing the weapon in sensitive directions. Ive taken newbies to the range who used to worship at the Altar of Liberalism, and having a way to turn the gun off means inevitable mistakes don't progress beyond a stern word about safety.

Just because a striker fired M&P sans any safeties works for you, does not make it a wise idea for the 200,000,000 odd other members of the militia.
The Following 9 Users Like Post: