View Single Post

Old 04-25-2012, 11:32 AM

Liked 56 Times in 44 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by scattershot View Post
"The M&Ps sold in NY and CA (and a couple others) do NOT have the thumb safety because of a state requirement that I'm sorry I do not remember. "

That may be because of the requirement for a lock on the pistol. If the weapon has a thumb safety, there's no room for a lock mechanism.
scattershot:

+1....

The Hilary Lock eats the space needed for some of the parts required for the thumb safety on the sear block.... While it's easy enough to remove the Hilary Lock, you can't put the thumb safety parts on that sear block....

At least on the existing M&P designs. Dunno about the Shield, but it sure looks like it. (I still haven't had a chance to play with one.)

I expect we will have a "no thumb safety" version, and one with a Hilary Lock soon enough. Can't say about the Mass-compatible trigger thing, but that's been easy to defeat in the older versions.

The .40 Shield is going to be a handful, but, IMHO, if they got the trigger right, probably tolerable. The M&P40C is only slightly more snappy than it's full sized brother, and I have the feeling that the shorter barrel will reduce recoil a smidge. I would try it, at least. No budget right now, but I think I'd buy the .40 if the wife wasn't looking .

Regards,