View Single Post

Old 04-25-2012, 11:46 AM

Liked 335 Times in 182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTrooper View Post
People make too much of this. It's not nearly as important what ammo you use to practice with as long as you practice. If you practice enough to become proficient with your weapon of choice, when you feel like you're one with your handgun, it doesn't matter what you shoot through it, you'll hit what you shoot at.

If can find practice ammo using the same bullet weight as your carry load, then you may as well buy it rather than something else, but it isn't critical that you do so. Shooting your actual carry ammo, which is undoubtedly more expensive than practice ammo, isn't a good use of your resources.

Shooting 200 rounds of practice ammo will do you a lot more good than 50 rounds of your favorite JHP.
I agree with this.I generally try to use the same weight bullet with similar velocities as my carry load in any particular pistol or revolver albeit FMJ or lead instead of the more expensive HP's,but it's not the end of the world if I have to use a different weight.I havn't reloaded in quite a few years but that is something I really need to revisit soon.