Thread: Kit gun grips
View Single Post

Old 04-28-2012, 07:15 AM

Liked 9,423 Times in 4,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paplinker View Post
Thanks for the info guys. I have a few J frames that have some targets on them and they feel pretty good.I try to keep period correct grips on my guns if and when possible.It gets harder the older the gun is it seems. I may seek to have a set made in the roper style. First i will try to hunt for a pair of bekeart type targets just to see if they will do the job. Never held a pair in my hand so it will be interesting to see how big they really are.The gun is from the early forty's so i may look for a pair with the medallions in them.
I really like the looks of the Regulation Police style stocks on I-frames better than my Bekearts with the big extension out the back. The Bekearts just "look" wrong to me.

On the other hand, post-War J-frame targets feel good in my hand, and although they aren't period, they look proportional on the I-frame and although they are not filled up by the I-frame grip frame, they effectively hide the gap, and it could be filled with bedding compound or even plastic wood if one wanted.

The foregoing is JMHO, so take it for what it is worth... and remember what you paid for it!!

Froggie

PS If Hondo44 +1 (the next generation) can talk Keith or someone else into copying the Ropers or something similar, my piggy bank is going to be in a world of hurt!! If somebody is able to develop a set of micro-Cokes, it will be "Katy bar the door!"