Thread: aluminum 15-22?
View Single Post

Old 04-28-2012, 04:38 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_shooter View Post
Let me start by saying that I'm not trying to be a debbie downer. That said, it wont happen. they built this rifle as a light weight low cost trainer/plinker. they didn't build it to compete in rimfire benchrest competitions. they didn't intend for it to shoot sub moa groups, more like sub grape fruit. the 15-22 without upgrades is good enough to use in tactical rimfire shoots, and if the right parts were available for enough money you could make it sub-moa. but it would be a lot cheaper to buy a ruger a remington and modify it. I ride a 2000 yamaha roadstar, she's a slow but torque-y pig. I could spend the money on a bigger pulley or a magna charger but I'd still only have a real fast pig
I think you miss my point..
I am not saying or wanting it for any other reason than that it was built for.!!
For .22 comps & sub moa I shoot an Anschutz - why ? cos its the best!!
for long range I shoot a Remi 700 AICS - why ? cos its great, and yep, if I could afford it, I would have an Accuracy International..
I could go on listing all my rifles & why.. but I wont..
and yes, I have owned a Ruger.. ( my club where I teach uses nothing but Rugers as 1st level training guns) and IMO there **** !! they dont feel right, & they are all temperamental .. dont matter how many mods you do... but, that said.. it is a rifle that oozes money, how much do people spend on them ??
just to say... I bought a mp15-22 cos its great at what it does.. but, it could be better... with 1 addition.. and it would piss all over any Ruger out there then....