View Single Post

Old 04-29-2012, 11:00 AM

Liked 619 Times in 156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alk8944 View Post
Daimler,

Are you saying that per the VV lists the pressures they list are all ablve SAAMI MAP, or that the QL pressure estimates based on the VV data are high?
What I say is that the QL data, compared to the VV data, are extremely high in chamber pressure. I did use the same components for a .44 Special load as in the data sheet: 8.3 grs VV N340, Hornady 200 grs XTP, OAL 37,5 millimeters, Remington cases.
I know that QL only estimates pressure, because it can't draw into account every circumstance responsible for pressure like case capacity etc. But I am seriously confused that this estimated chamber pressure should be so different in level from what the facory data implies: QL gives me 19700 psi as a chamber pressure, which is about 33% too high. So I haven't fired this load yet, for security reasons. I can't imagine that VV will publish reloading data that was way too high, so maybe QL gets it's data by looking into a crystal ball?

Please excuse me if I should write some kind of imprecise, I'm no native english speaker, I'm german.

regards
Ulrich